The purpose of the church is to make Jesus Christ known and accepted as Son of God and Savior of mankind. We are a Christian Community committed to advancing the Kingdom of God. We believe:
- In the eternal Holy Trinity — God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit;
- That man is a sinner by nature and by choice, and that he must some day give an accounting to God for what he has done with his life;
- That all men may be saved by GRACE through personal faith in Jesus Christ, and that salvation is a gift from God, as stated in Ephesians 2:8-9;
- That good works result from the new nature received at the time of the New Birth, and that works and obedience are not a means of salvation but evidence that one is saved;
- That the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God and that it is, therefore, the final authority in matters of faith and practice;
- In a regenerate church membership ministering to the world through missions and evangelism;
- In the priesthood of believers and the right of each individual to worship God as he chooses;
- In two, and only two, ordinances: Baptism and the Lord’s Supper — both signifying the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ;
- In the separation of church and state; and
- In local church autonomy and in civil and religious liberty.
Any person who makes a public confession of sin, professes belief in the Lord Jesus Christ, and accepts the Lordship of Christ in daily life is eligible for church membership. We symbolize our commitment to Christ through baptism by immersion.